MX Record Configuration: HostGator
- Log in to your HostGator cPanel account.
- In the Mail section, click MX Entry.
- If you have more than one domain, select the domain you’re using with MailRoute - look for this under the Domain heading.
- Under Email Routing, select LOCAL Mail Exchanger (PLEASE DO NOT SELECT REMOTE OR AUTO)
- Click the Change button.
- In the Add New Record section, create an MX record for MailRoute:
- Priority: 1
- Destination: mail.mailroute.net
- Under MX Records, note any old MX records, in case you need them later.
- Under MX Records, delete any original MX records
PLEASE NOTE: After adding our mx records it has been reported that the Mail Exchanger either sets to Auto Detect or Remote. Please be sure to select LOCAL MAIL EXCHANGER and click CHANGE. You may have to do this more than once to ensure that the setting sticks. LOCAL M.E is the only setting that will allow mail to start flowing correctly.