Real-time, searchable logs for MailRoute Administrators
Login to MailRoute's dashboard with your Admin credentials
The Mail Log is located at the top right in the Admin Menu.
You will be taken to the mail log search:
Customer - Displayed only for Administrators of multiple customer accounts. Use the drop down menu to select which customer account you would like the mail logs for. The search will include all domains for that customer account.
Date - choose a date range for your search. This defaults to the last hour.
From - enter the sender you wish to search for - either a domain or a full email address. For example, you can search for "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "domain.com"
To - enter the recipient you wish to search for- either a domain or a full email address. For example, you can search for "email@example.com" or "domain.com"
Message ID - search by message ID
Action - if you would like a more specific search you can select from the drop down menu:
- Accepted - search for mail that's been accepted/delivered clean.
- Quarantined - search for mail that's been quarantined
- Bounced - search for mail that's been bounced by our servers
- Blocked - search for mail that's been blocked by MailRoute's filters, including blacklistings or for non-existent users
- Direction - Search for only Inbound or Outbound email
Press the Search button to see results.
How to Read the Mail Log
Direction - unless specified in the search, this will indicate if the mail was inbound or outbound
Date & Time - you can click on the sort icon to view the emails from most recent to earliest
From - you will see both the 'From:' header address and the SMTP Envelope MAIL FROM address listed.
To - the recipient of the email
Subject - available for email messages that reached and were processed by the content filter. This would not include emails that were blocked by various blacklists or greylisting.
Action- indicates whether the email has been
Details -clicking on this link provides details for further action
- Whitelisted - the email has come through because the sending address has been whitelisted in your settings
- Spam Scores - Scoring from content filter
- By MailRoute (IP) or By MailRoute (autoblacklist) - You will see this message
If the email was incorrectly marked as spam, you can click on 'Yes' and it's submitted to MailRoute technical support for further evaluation.
- By Invaluement - the email address/sender is on an Invaluement blacklist. This is a very reliable list with an incredibly low false-positive rate which responds very rapidly to changing events. New spam IP addresses are added rapidly, and false-positives are very quickly removed. You will see this message:
Selecting 'Yes' will take you to the Invaluement site where you can request delisting.
- By Spamhaus - the email address/sender if on a Spamhaus blacklist. This is a highly accurate, real-time listing site. New spam IP addresses are added rapidly, and false-positives are very quickly removed. You will see this message:
Selecting 'Yes' will take you to the Spamhaus site where you can request delisting.
- No such user - no such user was found by the mailserver.
Click on a message to display further details about the message:
This will display a summary of message processing times and detailed email delivery logs, showing when a message was arrived, processed, and relayed to the destination server, along with any relay errors or messages:
Click on 'More Info':
The information includes:
- client_geoip.* - this provides approximate geographical information from the relaying mailserver based on public databases. This information is not guaranteed to be correct but it can give a good idea where email is coming from.
- client_ip - the IP address of the relaying mailserver
- dkim_author_sig, dkim_new_sig, dkim_valid_sig - information about the DKIM signature of the email
- ip_trace - a list of the IP addresses this email transited
- message_id . - message ID of the email
- tests - a complete list of all scoring tests that hit in the content filter
- tests_ham - negative scoring tests
- tests_spam - positive scoring tests
Click to copy the details of a message to your clipboard, if you want to be able to send it to us at support, for example.
The Export to CSV button will save the contents of your search to a CSV file.
Need further help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org