MailRoute can be integrated with the Duo Security service (duo.com) using our native SAML2 integration.
You'll need to create a Cloud Application in the Duo service, and then configure SAML2 on the MailRoute side. Here are some step-by-step directions.
Create Your Cloud Application in Duo
- Log on to the Duo Admin Panel (https://admin.duosecurity.com/) and navigate to Applications.
- Click Protect an Application and locate the entry for Generic SAML Service Provider with a protection type of "2FA with SSO hosted by Duo (Single Sign-On)" in the applications list. Click Protect to the far-right to start configuring Generic SAML Service Provider.
- Locate the Metadata section, and copy the Metadata URL and save it somewhere convenient. You'll need this to configure MailRoute to use Duo Security.
- Under Identifier (Entity ID) add: https://admin.mailroute.net/saml2/metadata/
- In Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) add: https://admin.mailroute.net/saml2/acs/
- In Single Logout URL add: https://admin.mailroute.net/saml2/ls/
- Click Save.
Configuring SAML in MailRoute's Control Panel
- Login to your Admin account in MailRoute's Control Panel (https://admin.mailroute.net), and navigate to domain settings.
- Select External Authentication from the left-hand side tab
- Choose External Auth Type and switch to SAML2
Now you can fill in your Provider Settings to configure MailRoute to use Duo security.
- Click the Enabled box
- Metadata URL: Remember that Metadata URL that you copied earlier when setting up Duo? Paste that in here under Metadata URL
- Click Save
You've now configured MailRoute to use SAML2 authentication with Duo Security.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to MailRoute Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org