Who are we?
MailRoute (“We/Us”) protects your hardware and productivity with a suite of services designed to remove spam, viruses, other threats, and debilitating downtime from your email experience.
Our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- (888) 485-7726
The personal data we would like to collect from and process on you is:
|Personal data type||Source|
|Email Address||Data Subject|
|Contact Information||Data Subject|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To allow clients to access to the MailRoute Control Panel and Email Quarantine
- To charge clients for their periodic use of our services as agreed by us and each client
- To contact designated representatives of our clients for administrative purposes
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- To perform our obligations and responsibilities under our agreement with you
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, include:
- Communicating with you about changes and revisions to our Services and our Terms
- Advertising our Services
- Improving our Services
- Resolving Client Issues through our ticketing system
The special categories of personal data concerned include:
- Ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs
- Philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
- Data concerning a natural person's sex life
- Sexual orientation
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for us to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing the Data Subject Consent Withdrawal Form to email@example.com.
We will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your permission. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
|International organisation||Safeguards in place to protect your personal data|
MailRoute, Inc. will process personal data and will store the personal data for these time periods:
- Data center physical access logs, system infrastructure logs, and application logs will be kept for a minimum of 90 days.
- Email processing logs are kept for a minimum of 180 days.
- Statistical data of end user service usage is kept indefinitely.
- Passwords are not logged.
- Certain administrative changes to the Covered Services (such as password changes, adding or modifying user accounts and settings ) are tracked in an area known as the “Audit” and are available fo viewing by a MailRoute administrators only. This iniformation may be provided to Customers on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that MailRoute, Inc. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below. All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated above) in the processing of your personal data.
You may access a copy of the Subject Access Request (“SAR”) Form at [LINK]. Please email the completed the SAR Form along with two scanned forms of identification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Driving license
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from the last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from the last 3 months)
- Rent book (from the last 3 months)
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority. For contact information of your local supervisory authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Read more about how and why we use your data here https://www.mailroute.net/privacy-policy/
Privacy Statement FAQs
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
Our privacy notice tells you how we will collect and use your personal data.
Why does MailRoute, Inc. need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our services we need to collect personal data for the purposes stated in our Privacy Notice. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, MailRoute, Inc. would contact you for additional consent.
Will MailRoute, Inc. share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will MailRoute, Inc. use the personal data it collects about me?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will MailRoute, Inc. contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
We, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of MailRoute, Inc. or a third party, information about those interests.
The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
How long the data will be stored.
Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
MailRoute, Inc. accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Utility bill (from the last 3 months)
Current vehicle registration document
Bank statement (from the last 3 months)
Rent book (from the last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
PO Box 396
Manhattan Beach, CA