To configure your email client to use the MailRoute SMTP Auth Relay service for outbound email relay, you will need to gather some info from the MailRoute Control Panel and then configure your email client.
Gather the info you need to configure your email client
1. Login to admin.mailroute.net and click the My Settings link at the top of the page.
2. Click the SMTP Auth Relay tab in the Settings menu on the left side of the page
You can copy the values by clicking on the copy icon:
And you can make your password visible by clicking on the view icon:
Configure your email client
1. Open your Gmail app
2. Select or add the account you wish to set up DirectRelay Outbound with
3. Enter the following Outgoing server settings:
- Username: your MailRoute email address
- Authentication: your MailRoute account password
- SMTP server: smtpauth.mailroute.net
4. Click the NEXT button.
The account options screen opens.
5. Select your desired settings.
6. Click the NEXT button to complete your configuration.
Verifying and adjusting secure settings:
1. On the top left, click the menu button next to Inbox
2. Scroll down and click Settings button
3. Scroll down and you'll see Outgoing settings, click this link to view
4. Set port to 587 and select SSL/TLS for Security type
5. Click Done button to save the settings.
* Please note: this article skips incoming server settings setup - this is purely for outbound email relay.