To configure your email client to use the MailRoute SMTP Auth Relay service for outbound email relay, you will need to gather some info from the MailRoute Control Panel and then configure your email client.
Gather the info you need to configure your email client
1. Login to admin.mailroute.net and click the My Settings link at the top of the page.
2. Click the SMTP Auth Relay tab in the Settings menu on the left side of the page
You can copy the values by clicking on the copy icon:
And you can make your password visible by clicking on the view icon:
Configure your email client
On your iPhone:
1. Open the Settings App >Mail>Accounts.
2. Select the Account you wish to set up Outbound /SMTP Auth Relay with.
3. Click the Account name/email address to view full configuration details and scroll down to 'Outgoing Mail Server' and select.
4. Under 'Other SMTP Servers' choose 'Add Server'
5. Enter the following details:
Enter the following 'Outgoing' server settings:
- User Name (from the MailRoute Control Panel above)
- Host Name (from the MailRoute Control Panel above)
- Password (from the MailRoute Control Panel above)
- Use TLS/SSL Checkbox - Selected
- Authentication - Choose "Password" from the popup menu
- Server Port (from the MailRoute Control Panel above)
6. Click Save