NOTE: add the address range: 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 in Step #5
Use the EAC to Create a Receive Connector to Receive Secure Messages from a Partner
- In the EAC, navigate to Mail flow > Receive connectors. Click Add to create a new Receive connector.
- On the New receive connector page, specify a name for the Receive connector and then select Frontend Transport for the Role. Since you are receiving mail from a partner in this case, we recommend that you initially route mail to your front end server to simplify and consolidate your mail flow.
- Choose Partner for the type. The Receive connector will receive mail from a trusted third party.
- For the Network adapter bindings, observe that All available IPV4 is listed in the IP addresses list and the Port is 25. (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol uses port 25.) This indicates that the connector listens for connections on all IP addresses assigned to network adapters on the local server. Click Next.
- If the Remote network settings page lists 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255, which means that the Receive connector receives connections from all IP addresses, click Remove to remove it. Click Add , add the IP address for your partner’s server, and click Save.
- Add the address range: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- Click Finish to create the connector.
- Once you have created the Receive connector, it appears in the Receive connector list. If you would like to see an example of how to create a Receive connector with a cmdlet, see New-ReceiveConnector. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj673037%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx
* While logged in to the EAC, you must also select to allow "Anonymous users"
Go to: EAC > Mail Flow > Receive connectors > edit Client Frontend, the role of FrontendTransport, "Exchange Receive Connector" window will pop up. In this window: Security > Checkbox "Anonymous users" and Save
NOTE: Content Filters and Sender IDs need to be disabled on the Exchange server. If the server's mail traffic is filtered by MailRoute, it is not necessary to keep them enabled.
Please see our article on how to do this here